• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sauna

Maya

Bluelight Crew
I've been wanting to do Sauna ever since I started my comedown but I am not too sure if it is still necessary as I am already doing so much exercise. I have read so many good things about it such as sweating the toxins out of our body and regulating blood blow just like when you are exercising. Have any of you bluelighters have done sauna while you are recovering and how many days a week did you do it? Do you exercise before or after?

most ppl would either steam or sauna after the work out, before the shower. it can be a great way to recover after a hard set in the gym, but if you are dehydrated or something you could start to feel pretty shitty. dont take water in with you bc its a potential safety hazard, but do make sure to go in well hydrtaed if you plan on more than 5 mins, you should stay in there super long either, we had a rule no more than 20 mins. and this thing was HOT. But yea the heat feels good, helps your muscles and lets everything just open and relax. what are you recovering from if you dont mind me asking?

I do saunas more in the winter than in the summer, because the climate in the pacific northwest is damp and goes to the bone. Dry saunas leech out some of the damp and warm the muscles/tendons which is useful in the cold. I prefer to do it after workouts because then circulation is already primed, which will lead more of the toxins to the skin.

I don't usually recommend saunas to people who have any kind of heat or averse upward syndromes like dizziness, hot flashes, headaches with red face, high blood pressure, etc. For that I tell them to go swimming because the cooler water will help to descend some of the upward energy. Saunas will only aggravate that kind of thing.

The only exception would be if the person is using the hot and cold approach wherein you sweat in the sauna and then flash immerse in cold water. You keep going back and forth several times before finishing with a cold shower. This has proven benefits such as regulating blood pressure and the cardiovascular system, stimulating immunity, and increasing resistance to extreme temperatures.

mdma comedown.. I am a lot better than months back but I still feel slightly off.. The exercises are helping so much and I will continue this even when recovered. I don't think I would've gone this far without the exercise.

I used to hit the steam room when I was coming down off of mdma. It leeched that stuff and all of the toxins from my body. It worked great.

I've sat in a sauna after exercising and when I am at a place where there's one available. It's nice but don't spend more than 20-30 mins at the most in there if it's very hot, stay hydrated, and take a cool shower afterward.

I've decided to start next week and probably just do it once a week to start off and see how I feel. I will be very careful though and not stay for more than 30 minutes and try what Foreigner mentioned about the hot and cold approach. I will go to the gym first and then do the sauna after.

sauna after working out is great. I usually stay in like 10 mins, take a cool shower, stay in another 10 mins, take a cool shower, stay in 10 mins, take a final cool shower. Only really possible if you've got access to a shower like right next to the sauna (if not just jump in the swimming pool for a bit or something).

I always leave the sauna feeling great...definitely helps with depression and gives me an appetite.

i love sauna, i can feel the detox and it really straightens my body out. but it can also make my condition worse if i feel sick/feverish to begin with -which could be the case on an mdma comedown. so you might want to wait till the worst part is over or at least take it easy.
and btw, you americans: sauna is meant to be done in the nude! :)

i love sauna, i can feel the detox and it really straightens my body out. but it can also make my condition worse if i feel sick/feverish to begin with -which could be the case on an mdma comedown. so you might want to wait till the worst part is over or at least take it easy.
and btw, you americans: sauna is meant to be done in the nude! :)

Yeah, I will just start with 15 min and then go from there. I just hope that my dizziness don't get worse but in moderation it shouldn't be too bad.

I use a steamroom. It is highly beneficial to get toxins out, and if it gets too extreme I just go out and jump in the gym pool, then drink water, go back into the steam room. Makes me feel good. A lot of the time I do either (sometimes a combo of) boxing, yoga, run for half an hour, do some weights etc, then hit the steam room. Swimming laps and steam room is also a good combo

in a 90°C Finnish sauna, 15minutes is quite a lot. I'd start with half of that.
But your body tells you anyway when its enough. Don't torture yourself.

steamroom is definitely easier on the cardiovascular system, and a good alternative if the sauna feels too heavy.

The one I am going to is a steam room. The only thing is I don't think they have a gym so my plan is to go to the gym first and then travel there after. It has the cheapest sauna ever $2-3.00 bucks not bad right? :D